Welcome to Oscoda County!
We are very proud of where we live and work. Oscoda County is known for its natural beauty, friendly people and strong community spirit. Located within the Huron National Forest, deep in the heart of the AuSable River Valley, our location is excellent for both tourism and business.
Life here is simple and good! We enjoy four seasons of recreational activities due to our beautiful lakes, rushing rivers, abundant wildlife and unpolluted forests. And our county, unlike most of Michigan’s lower peninsula, still has ample room for it’s people to put down roots and grow!
With terrific school systems, outstanding natural resources and dependable government services, Oscoda County offers rural living at it’s very finest!
News You Need
- The next Board of Commissioner meetings are scheduled for Tuesday, June 9th, 2015 and Tuesday, June 23rd, 2015 at 10:00 a.m. in the Boardroom. For minutes from previous meetings go to www.oscodacountymi.com/minutes.
- In Februrary 2015 Bridge Magazine published it's Academic State Champs 2014 listing of the "most overachieving school districts in the state". Oscoda County is proud to report that Fairview Area High School was ranked #2 in the list of 552 schools throughout Michigan. If you are interested in reading more go to http://bridgemi.com/2015/02/academic-state-champs-top-10 .
- The Oscoda County Housing Program has new funds available to qualified individuals and families to assist in the repairs to their home. For additional information please read this Online Flyer.
- The Board of Commissioners is pleased to announce the availability of two new tools for the public to evaluate the financial status of our County: The "Municipal Performance Dashboard" and "Municipal Financial Summary". To checkout these new tools, go to the Board of Commissioners Page.
- Do you have a need but aren't sure how or where to get help? A new telephone based information service is now available to residents of Oscoda County and it's called 211. Simply dialing 211 from any touch tone phone will put you in touch with a referral specialist who can help you find community resources to meet your needs. For more information refer to the following document: 211.pdf.